I have always believed that it is important to have rules to live by - a set of principles that I can fall back on whenever things get hazy or complicated. A core group of ideas which permeate and affect every decision I make. These maxims I have developed slowly over time, morphing and changing and adding to them as time goes on. I decided that it is probably worthwhile to put these maxims to paper, so to speak, so that I might be able to rely on them in a larger fashion. Are they all perfectly formed? No. Do they have flaws? I'm sure. But this is less for an audience and more for my own use. Even so, feel free to read and consider them as you please.
1. Act in the name of truth, consequences be damned. This is what I call "hope".
2. My favorite color is grey, in a metaphorical sense. Often, the middle ground is the best place to be.
3. Life, as a whole, is full of pain and suffering and sadness. Within this negativity, the goal is to find happiness and latch onto it.
4. If you cannot admit that you might be wrong, you aren’t worth having a conversation with.
5. There are no absolutes; everything has an exception - ironically, this included.
6. Everyone has a bone to pick with something. Most people are afraid to voice it. This is closely related to #1 and #3.
7. My heart's desire is to love and be loved, passionately and freely.
And so on...