Sunday, June 20, 2010

Art and Artists

While I have enjoyed the subject based writing that I have done thus far in the blog, I think it would be beneficial to begin branching out with my subject matter. Certainly writing about my own experiences, the way I see the world, and how I look at myself allows me great freedom in my writing; however, the subject matter is also relatively limited. And I'm sure those of you who read my blog don't want to hear about me me me all the time. Though I will continue will the same types of posts that you are by now used to seeing from me, I will also begin providing some less "heavy" posts from time to time.

Once every week (that is the goal) I will post concerning an artist (writer, musician, actor, painter, etc.), piece of art (a film, song, poem, book, painting, sculpture, etc.), or something else that fits the "art and artists" theme. As with every topic I write on, I do not claim to be an expert in the field of art. Much of what I say will be my own opinion, presented for you to consider and make your own decision about. In addition, I will attempt to gain an outside second perspective on the art or artist I am considering; this will not always be possible, but I will try to make it as consistent a part of the posts as I can.

In the context of my personal diaspora (the overarching theme of this blog), the art and artists I will focus on will be ones who have influenced me in one way or another to think differently, look at the world differently or act differently. The subjects I will focus on will be ones that have challenged me and forced introspection. Perhaps they will challenge you as well; perhaps they will entertain you; perhaps you will gain nothing from them. All three are acceptable responses, I only ask that you approach them in good faith.

And so on...

No comments:

Post a Comment